BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Story


Hi! My name is Violet, or Vi for short. I am a blue Weim. This is my story.

I am a very timid girl. I was over bred, recently had a litter. I am also Heartworm Positive*. The rescue is taking me to the doctor tomorrow to find out why I am not putting on weight.

GLWR asked a volunteer to pick me up. She took me back to her house during my transport lay over.
This is what she noticed:
-I am timid, but friendly.

-I wasn't so sure about the attention, but when she stopped petting me I did nudge her. Then she started again.

-When she cuddled me at first I went rigid, but then I liked it once I found out she would keep petting me while she held me.

-I liked the other dogs here too, both male and female.

-I rode very well in the crate on the way to her house and on the transport. I must admit I did snore a bit.

She grew very fond of me and told me I was a special girl and would make a wonderful pet. When she took me to the next volunteer she made me promise to get well, be good, and eat all my kibble so I can gain some weight.

I think I can do all that.

Please check back soon on my progress.

Weim Kisses,

Vi

*Heartworm Positive dogs go on to live happy and healthy lives. Just the same as those that did not have Heartworm.

GLWR does not turn away Heartworm Positive dogs. We will bring them in to our program and treat them. The treatment can be costly, along with the other medical problems the dogs may have. Donations are always greatly appreciated and are tax deductible.

0 comments: